Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mockery Amuses Me

It's been a tough week, but fortunately, the world provides plenty of things to mock.

1) Fox called Mr. Rogers an evil man who screwed up an entire generation of Americans.

Oh, Fox. If not for Glee and Family Guy, I would probably be scheming an extremely convoluted plan for your demise right now. Even so, I bite my thumb at you.

2) My body wash is "Ocean Breeze" scented.

I've always found the names of these scents amusing, but this one takes the cake. Because who walks up to someone, inhales, and goes, "Mmm, you smell like an ocean breeze!"? You really shouldn't be walking up to random strangers and smelling them anyway, but hey, whatever floats your boat. But honestly, all the ocean breezes I've ever smelled smell like sea salt, barbecue smoke and seagull poop. Not that those things are without their own charm when one is viewing the horizon off of Santa Cruz Beach, but they're not so appealing as perfumes.

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ohsvJHkbY&feature=player_embedded

While there is a valid point lurking somewhere in that Southern accent and Republican drivel, one cannot help but be amused at, "We live in Alabama. We speak English. If you want to live here, learn it." Well, the Native Americans lived here, and we're not speaking Cherokee. Just sayin'.

In other news, my left arm hurts something fierce thanks to wonderful Mr. Syringe giving me a hepatitis shot yesterday. Also, being insanely popular as I am, I spent my Friday night partying with a bunch of 8-year olds. Yes, I am such a rebel, no need to applaud.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment