Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Joys of Boredom

I'll admit, before this week I had only been in a Walmart once. It was on our family vacation to Mexico, and I spent the majority of it trying to read labels in Spanish and mentally converting pesos to dollars. I always assumed it was like Costco but tackier, and that people went there because they had nothing better to do.

I was completely right.

However, I am a complete cheapskate at heart, and was overjoyed at the fact that I could finally get a new iPod case to replace my dilapidated old one, as well as some other essentials such as licorice and tennis balls. I have gone three times in the past week, and perhaps I'm going stir-crazy from boredom, but it has been the best source of entertainment I have found. In addition, I spent a great deal of yesterday looking around thrift stores with my family. Being a complete and utter nerd, I spent a good twenty minutes drooling over and picking out new school supplies.

Besides shopping, this week I have made no less than four tie-dyed T-shirts, bringing my total number of tie-dyed shirts to six. I roasted marshmellows over a campfire and made s'mores, and I practiced my juggling. I accidentally touched the skull of a small rodent, and consequently freaked out. I swang on a rope swing and had a lightsaber battle with my brother. Unfortunately, I managed to find myself at the bottom of a dogpile of small children. I got in the water fight to end all water fights, and as a result got completely soaked and had to wear my pajamas for a good three hours.

Long story short? I've been having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment