Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The H8 Has Ended

Well, it's finally happened: Prop 8 has been overturned. I found out during my break today. I was sitting in the tunnel on the playground with my fellow Leader-in-Training when she went, "Oh my gosh!"

"What?" I asked.

"Prop 8 has been overturned!"

At which point I let out a hearty "Fuck yeah!" and smacked my head on the top of the tunnel.

I'm not going to go through all the reasons that this was the right decision, because odds are, if you aren't pro-love I would have turned you off long ago. However, I am elated that all of my friends, regardless of sexuality, will be able to marry whomever they choose. Prop 8 was ridiculous to begin with, and it was even more absurd that it passed. This gives me hope for the sanity of America, and for a more tolerant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment